Carpet and Wood Floor Drying
Water disasters can be especially damaging on carpets and floors. At ServiceMaster Building Services, Inc.
we understand that fast, on-site carpet and wood floor drying is critical in the restoration process.
Here's what our professional staff consider when drying carpet:
- Age and condition of carpet:
ServiceMaster Building Services, Inc. uses industry resources to help determine the exact value of carpet. If a carpet is so old that it is a better value to replace than attempt restoration, we'll let you know what makes the best financial sense
- Length of time carpet was exposed to water:
Most carpets can withstand water for up to three days, but immediate response to your loss is critical. In most cases ServiceMaster Building Services, Inc. can be at your site within two to four hours.
Types of water affect the restoration process.
- Clean water: Water from a clean source with no debris.
- Grey water: Water that is not necessarily clean but is not hazardous (washing machine and dishwasher overflow, for example).
- Black water: Sewage backup or runoff water. These losses are hazardous and should be handled with caution.
The temperature of the water is important to consider. For example, a hot water heater with very warm water will affect the glue used to hold carpet fibers together.